m (Text replace - "https://www.francedns.com/compte/" to "https://netim.com/direct")
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
Log on '''[https://
Log on '''[https://.com/Your Account]''' section "Domain Names" >> "Domain Management", from here, open the scrolling menu "Services management", select "DNS Settings"
Revision as of 14:16, 28 August 2013
This tutorial will guide you through the setup of your DNS domain name to forward your website, or its subdomain, using a record type A.
Use case: - You have a dedicated or local web server This feature is reserved for experimented users. Please use this feature only if you know what you do.
Log on Your Account section "Domain Names" >> "Domain Management", from here, open the scrolling menu "Services management", select "DNS Settings"
Above all, please read the following tutorial:
Modify A records
For example, we will modify the score of the www subdomain using a record type A
1. Enter the feature "Advanced DNS"
2. Identify if there is already a record for the subdomain to change and if so delete it.
3. Select the type "A" and click <Add>
4. In the Address field, enter the subdomain
5. In the IP Address field, enter the new IP setting the subdomain
6. Click <OK>
7. The new record is added to the list of DNS records
The change causes a new configuration of the DNS domain and a period of 24 to 48 hours to be effective.