Manage CNAME records
This tutorial will help you to set up your DNS domain name especially if you want to change your website score, or its subdomain, using a CNAME.
Use case: - You are using a specific host services which does not support the DNS servers management (Example mac.com, powerboutique.fr, typepad.fr). - You have a dedicated or local web server This feature is for experimented users. Please use this feature only if you know what you are doing.
Log on Your Account section "Domain Names" >> "Domain Management", from here, open the scrolling menu "Services management", select "DNS Settings"
Above all, please read the following tutorial:
Change CNAME records
For example, we will modify the score of the www subdomain using a CNAME.
1. Enter the feature "Advanced DNS"
2. Identify if there is already a record for the subdomain to change and if it is the case, delete it.
(Generally, there is already a type A record).
3. In the Address field, enter the subdomain name
4. In the canonical name field, indicate the the new CNAME record value
(Necessarily a name and not an IP)
5. Click on <OK>
6. The new CNAME record is added to the DNS records list
This change causes a new DNS setting and will be effective from 24 to 48 hours.