Manage CNAME records
(Created page with "This tutorial will help you to set up your DNS domain name especially if you want to change your website score, or its subdomain, using a CNAME. Use case: - You are using ...")
Revision as of 12:20, 20 March 2013
This tutorial will help you to set up your DNS domain name especially if you want to change your website score, or its subdomain, using a CNAME.
Use case: - You are using a specific host services which does not support the DNS servers management (Example mac.com, powerboutique.fr, typepad.fr). - You have a dedicated or local web server This feature is for experimented users. Please use this feature only if you know what you are doing.
Log on Your Account section "Domain Names" >> "Domain Management", from here, open the scrolling menu "Services management", select "DNS Settings"
Above all, please read the following tutorial:
Change CNAME records
For example, we will modify the score of the www subdomain using a CNAME.
1. Enter the feature "Advanced DNS"
2. Identify if there is already a record for the subdomain to change and if it is the case, delete it.
(Generally, there is already a type A record).
3. In the Address field, enter the subdomain name
4. In the canonical name field, indicate the the new CNAME record value
(Necessarily a name and not an IP)
5. Click on <OK>
6. Cliquer sur <Valider>
7. The new CNAME record is added to the DNS records list
This change causes a new DNS setting and will be effective from 24 to 48 hours.