Modify your domain name Domain nameservers
This tutorial will help you to change your DNS servers to your hosting provider's servers, or to FranceDNS's servers.
Wrong DNS Name servers can lead to unavailability of your domain name.
Log on Your Account section "Domain Names" >> "Domain Management", from here, open the scrolling menu "Domain name management", select "Nameservers management"
The list of DNS servers assigned to the domain name are displayed by default.
- Select "DNS Servers FranceDNS" to let FranceDNS manage your DNS. This option automatically forwards your DNS to your hosting or your parking if you did not choose our DNS servers.
- Select "No DNS Server" to make your site unavailable.
- Select "custom DNS servers" to redirect your domain name towards other servers.
Changing DNS servers for FranceDNS ones
1. Check the box "FranceDNS nameservers"
2. Click on <OK>
3. An application number is displayed and the button <OK> will also disabled.
4. When the change will come into effect, you will receive a confirmation email to your email address.
1. Choose this option if you want to put your site offline.
2. Your website will be unavailable soon.
Change DNS servers
1. Check the box "custom nameservers"
2. Enter the names of your DNS servers names:
- Minimum two and maximum five
- The servers must be real DNS servers (distributed DNS)
- Mandatory server names
3. Optionally enter the corresponding IP address if the domain name has its own DNS management.
4. Click on <OK>
5. If your entry is correct, an application number will be displayed and the button <Edit> will be disabled.
A request to change the DNS servers can not be performed if another request is being processed at the same time.