Domain additional fields
Some additional information may be requested in order to register a domain. In general, this information is collected by the registries in order to identify the owner, verify that he complies with the registration rules, etc.
Such information is mostly known as domain additional fields in some billing softwares.
In order to have an efficient management across all our registrar modules and an easy usage for our resellers, we provide a Json file that define all theses domain additional fields.
As of January 2nd 2023
- Missing .TRAVEL
As of December 13th 2022
- Wrong ES_TIPO values for .ES
- New extension .CO.ID
- New extension .CO.JP
As of November 9th 2022
This is the initial version of the domain additional fields
As of March 24 2023
- Update of translations for .MT
- New .SA and .COM.SA extension
How to use ?
Key code of the field. Used to define how the field will be used and refers to an additional information in a contact object, an additional fields of the extension or a simple key such as “infos”, “rules”, “notices”.
Unique ID inside the fields of the extension
Label to be displayed.
Description to be displayed (optional)
Type of the field. Can be “display” / “text” / “dropdown” / “checkbox” / “radio”
Items in case of dropdown or radio type. An item is defined as follow: Value: Value of the item when selected Description: Description of the item to be displayed Requires: An array of fields ID mandatory if the item is selected
Options such as “Required” (optinnal)
Readable syntax to be displayed (optional)
Regular expression for content validation (optional)
- To read the file, you can open it in FireFox browser or use an online decoder
- To encode in Json after a change, use the online decoder
Billing softwares are a multilingual application, it is then necessary to ensure that domain additional fields are translated into all the languages you have installed.
So, for each language activated in your billing software, you must have the necessary translations. By default, we provide the translations in French, English and Spanish but, if you have others, you will have to carry out the additional translations:
- The three languages provided correspond to the files en.inc.php, fr.inc.php, es.inc.php
- Copy one of the original translations and rename with the ISO language code. Please note that we don’t support the additional culture such as en-us or en-gb.
- Translate the needed labels into the file.