Transfer a domain name
This tutorial will help you to transfer your domain name to Netim.
A transfer is a re-delegation of the domain name from a registrar to another one. At the end of the transfer Netim becomes your domain name new registrar. Thus, you will benefit from its technical expertise and the free services we offer.
Depending on the domain name extension:
- Duration of transfer may vary
- Different information may be required.
- Validation process will differ.
In addition, each domain name is in a particular state and has its own expiration date. The transfer is indeed a specific operation which depends on the extension.
- The transfer must be confirmed by the domain name owner
Check that the owner address is yours by doing a Whois search. If it is actually disabled or unused, you will have to change it with your former registrar. If the email registered is the registrar's one, he's going to be the one to confirm the transfer.
- The domain name should be in a transferable state, ie non-expired, not blocked out by the registrar. It may possibly remain in a quarantine state.
Initiate a transfer Domain Name
You should visit our website and go to the page dedicated to transfers: http://www.netim.com/domain/transfer/
1. Enter your domain name in the dedicated box.
2. Click on 'Transfer'
3. Step 1: Services choice
You may choose an additional service such as a hosting service
4. Step 2: Additional Information
5. Step 3: Identification
If you already have an account at Netim, please identify yourself to link this order to your account.
If this is your first order, please fill out the form and click on 'Next'
6. An Order is created.