Transfer-in with change of owner
The transfer-in + change of owner, also called 'Transfer-trade' is available for some extensions.
Transfer-trade via our website
It is not possible to order this online on our website. Please contact us so that we prepare an order manually
Transfer-trade via API
By using the API, a domain registration is requested with the function domainTransferTrade.
The function requires the following parameters:
|string (32)||idSession||identifier of the session|
|string (255)||domain||domain name to be transferred|
|string (64)||authID||Autorization code||if applicable|
|string (12)||idOwner||identifier of the owner contact||with "isOwner=1"|
|string (12)||idAdmin||identifier of the administrative contact||with "isOwner=0"|
|string (12)||idTech||identifier of the technical contact||with "isOwner=0"|
|string (12)||idBilling||identifier of the billing contact||with "isOwner=0"|
|string (255)||ns1||DNS name server 1|
|string (255)||ns2||DNS name server 2|
|string (255)||ns3||DNS name server 3|
|string (255)||ns4||DNS name server 4|
|string (255)||ns5||DNS name server 5|
|int||duration||duration of registration||in years|
Registration rules are different according to the Tlds. See procedure, restrictions and rules Category:Tld
Restrictions may apply and / or additional information may be necessary for the owner Restrictions may apply and / or additional information may be necessary for other contacts 2 nameservers can be required and, sometimes, a successfull zonecheck is needed before the registration The registration period can vary
Whatever the process used to register a domain name, the Reseller should know the semantic rules of the extension
When you call the domainTransferTrade function, the API checks only if the mandatory fields are provided. We check the semantic rules only when the operation is processed, given that we perform the needed verification before requesting the registration to the registry.
Basic steps to do a Transfer-trade via API
The number of required nameservers and if there is a DNS test The range for the duration Any restrictions on the owner or contacts Any required additional fields
2) If a zonecheck is required, ensure that the new domain name is installed onto its nameservers according to the technical rules of the registry.
We provide an online tool to test this: http://zonecheck.netim.com
3) Create a contact for the owner (Field "isOwner" = 1) and provide the needed additional fields corresponding to the semantics rules.
4) Possibly create a contact for administrative / technical / billing contacts if necessary (Field "isOwner" = 0).
You can use your Reseller account handle
5) Request the registration, by using the domainTransferTrade function
The API will perform a first check to see if all provided datas are OK (contacts are existing and are belonging to you, nameservers are existing, and so on...)
You receive a tracking number for the request and you can now follow its status
6) Netim makes the domain registration according to the registry's procedure. Therefore different actions may be necessary as the provision of identification documents or forms